The Energy Efficiency Award is a public recognition of the commitment and work of the applicants, which is awarded after inter-institutional work (carried out by a prominent evaluation committee, of which the Ministry of Tourism is a part, made up of 13 public organizations and private), where each of the submitted applications is fully evaluated.
Since 2009, the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining (MIEM) has recognized the efforts and achievements of companies, institutions and individuals in relation to the efficient use of energy through the National Energy Efficiency Award.
It is a public recognition of the commitment and work of the applicants, which is granted after an inter-institutional work, where each of the applications submitted is fully evaluated.
In December, an award event will be held with national authorities, in which the winners and mentions in each category will be announced. The award-winning companies, institutions and individuals will receive statuettes. All applicants will also receive diplomas and digital materials to use on their websites and social networks, as well as other inputs to disseminate their achievements.
In addition, the MIEM will disseminate all the applications that are presented, through different channels and communication tools.
The categories available to apply for the 2023 edition are:
- Industry: All companies in the sector that have implemented energy efficiency actions that demonstrate commitment and achievements in the matter will be rewarded. All industries, regardless of their size, can apply to the different subcategories: Large companies, medium-sized companies, micro and small companies. Category closing: Tuesday, July 4. Meet some of the winners of past editions: Estancias del Lago and Gerdau .
- Mobility: Efficient mobility measures implemented by all sectors of activity will be rewarded. All measures carried out by companies or institutions can be applied for, and for this reason there will be different subcategories: Measures on the company's or institution's own fleet and awareness measures, cultural change, plans and infrastructure to promote the most efficient modes implemented by public institutions (departmental governments, municipalities), educational institutions and non-governmental organizations. Category closing: Tuesday, July 11. Get to know some of the winners of past editions: Autoelevadores Ramírez and Tirapu.
- Public: The public agencies that follow the path of energy efficiency and have implemented actions that demonstrate the achievements, commitment and continuity of the institution in energy management will be awarded. All public institutions, regardless of their size, can apply (Departmental Governments, Municipal Governments, Local Authorities of the Departmental Government, Ministries, etc.) Category closing: Thursday, July 20. Get to know some of the award-winning institutions in past editions: Canelones Municipality and LATU.
- Commercial and Services: All companies in the sector that have implemented energy efficiency actions that demonstrate commitment and achievements in the matter will be rewarded. There will be the following subcategories: large companies, medium-sized companies, micro and small companies. Category closing: Tuesday, July 25. Meet some of the winners of past editions: Farmashop and Cerro Místico.
- ESCOs (Energy Services Companies): All ESCOs registered in the MIEM will be awarded, presenting 3 companies/institutions in which projects have been carried out in the last 3 years, including at least one application. to another category of the 2023 Prize. Category closure: Tuesday, August 1. Meet some of the winners of past editions: MCT and ERGO .
- Buildings: Buildings in the use phase, designed with energy efficiency criteria or renovations that incorporate building improvements, will be awarded. Applications may be submitted by: construction companies, owners, private developers, contractors, construction professionals (architects, engineers, designers, etc.). The subcategories will be: large surfaces or urban and collective housing. Category closing: Tuesday, August 8. Meet some of the winners of past editions: Edificio Plaza Alemania and Anastasio Hotel & Beach Club.
- Education: All activities with an educational component linked to energy efficiency, carried out by institutions, organizations, groups or individuals, will be rewarded. There will be two large subcategories: Formal education (Formal courses offered by public or authorized primary, secondary, technical, professional or tertiary education centers, professional associations, or other institutions that carry out training programs on energy efficiency issues) and Awareness and training ( Awareness and/or training activities (except formal courses) that promote energy efficiency, carried out by institutions, organizations, groups or individuals). Category closing: Tuesday, August 8. Meet some of the winners of past editions:
Know the bases of each category of the call here .