LGBT + program from AccorHotels arrived in Argentina
Creating a welcoming atmosphere, the French firm announced its strategy on diversity and LGBT + inclusion in its hotels
AccorHotels launched its strategy on LGBT + Diversity and Inclusion in Argentina, a program that aims to promote the individual and equal treatment of all the public with which the Group is related, diversity being one of its assets and respect, one of their values. The ambition of the company around the world is based on a policy of openness and promoting non-discrimination, since everyone should feel "Feel Welcome" at AccorHotels (feel welcome).
"It is an honor to launch the program in the country. Argentina has a great receptivity of the LGTB + group, so we consider it key to publicize our strategy in reference to issues of diversity and inclusion, since we are in more than 100 countries and diversity is essential for the Group, "said Antonietta Varlese, Vice President of Communication and Corporate Responsibility in South America at AccorHotels, a leading travel and lifestyle group in the world and a digital innovator offering unique experiences.
In recent years, Argentina has increased the receptive tourism of the collective LGTB +. So much so that the country was taken as case study about how was the strategy to open to that community. The laws of equal marriage and gender have been a key antecedent to achieve this scenario. By 2020, LGTB + tourists arriving in the country are expected to be more than 650,000.
About AccorHotels commitments
1. Involve all managers and collaborators in the respect and promotion of LGBT + rights.
2. Promote equal opportunities and fair treatment for LGBT + people.
3. Promote a respectful, safe and healthy environment for LGBT + people.
4. Raise awareness and educate for respect for LGBT rights.
5. Stimulate and support the creation of LGBT + affinity groups.
6. Promote respect for LGBT + rights in the planning of products, services and customer care.
7. Promote professional development actions for people in the LGBT + segment.
8. Promote the economic and social development of LGBT + people in the value chain.
The action plan, in particular, includes the creation of an LGBT + committee to plan and execute the actions and also to lead the strategy within the Group; building partnerships with local government, the LGBT Chamber, headhunters and consultancies; and participation in events such as Gnetwork360 Argentina. In addition, an action plan will be developed with the partners with the implementation of a commitment to diversity guide and a recruitment selection manual with tips to facilitate the process of selection and selection of LGBT + professionals.
"The nature of our business is to make all our guests feel welcome in the 4,500 hotels we operate, and that our employees feel valued, regardless of gender and without discrimination," says Antonietta Varlese.