Puerto Plata among the most preferred tourist destinations in the US
According to Expedia, the Dominican destination will be one of the most chosen by US tourists during 2020
Expedia, one of the world's largest online travel brands, reveals in 2020 Trends in Travel based on a solid analysis of U.S. traveler data. UU, that Puerto Plata, located on the north coast of the Dominican Republic is one of the destinations with the greatest tendency to travel.
According to information provided to Infotur Dominicano, Expedia analysts toured the list of fastest-growing destinations to identify the countries that had the greatest trend in cities based on flight demand.
In that sense, Christie Hudson, director of public relations for Brand Expedia North America, said: “When we looked at where travelers were going in 2019, we saw that the greatest growth in demand was happening for destinations that are not the usual tourist spots, For example, instead of Venice or Rome, the most popular Italian destinations were Sardinia and the Italian Riviera. We hope this report will provide information on new places to explore and inspire people to start planning their trip by 2020. ”
In this way, the next destinations in the Caribbean region with the greatest tendency are:
1. Philipsburg, Sint Maarten (+ 215%)
2. Black Rock, Trinidad and Tobago (+ 170%)
3. Falmouth, Jamaica (+ 150%)
4. Villa, St. Vincent & the Grenadines (+ 115%)
5. Rockley, Barbados (+ 105%)
6. Soufriere, St. Lucia (+ 100%)
7. Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (+ 95%)
8. The Exumas, Bahamas (+ 90%)
9. St-Barthélemy, St-Barthélemy (+ 70%)
10. Noord, Aruba (+ 70%)