Sectur reports positive results for Mexican tourism during 2019

1024 576
Travel2Latam
Travel2Latam
http://en.travel2latam.com/nota/58245-sectur-reports-positive-results-for-mexican-tourism-during-2019
Sectur reports positive results for Mexican tourism during 2019
Fri January 10, 2020

The number of foreign tourists has been 8.3 percent higher than in 2018


In announcing this morning the expectations of the main results of the tourism sector during 2019, the Secretary of Tourism of Mexico, Miguel Torruco Marqués, informed that the two main indicators: tourists and currencies, exceeded the forecasts that were had for last year .

He said that, as for the number of international tourists, it had been projected to receive 43 million 603 thousand, but everything indicates that this number will actually amount to 44 million 722 thousand, which will represent an increase of 8.3 percent over those who arrived in 2018.

He added that with respect to the amount of foreign exchange generated during these year by these travelers, an income of 23 thousand 683 million dollars had been foreseen, a figure that thanks to the good results obtained, will reach 24 thousand 816 million dollars, amount 10.2 percent higher than what was collected in the previous year.

When meeting with the media, Secretary Torruco Marqués also reported that the average expenditure per international tourist also registered an increase when it reached $ 506.15, a figure 2.7 percent higher than that registered in 2018.

He also highlighted the importance that the annual result of the Tourism Balance maintains for the national economy, which, as usual, in 2019 obtained a surplus balance of 14,490 million dollars, which help offset the balances with negative balance of others important industries for the country's finances.

This positive balance of the Tourist Balance is 28.3 percent higher than the result obtained in the previous year.

He also noted that in terms of national hotel infrastructure, 23,232 lodging establishments are expected, which would represent three percent more than in 2018; with 835 thousand 400 rooms, 2.7 percent higher than the previous year's inventory; as well as 22 thousand new hotel rooms.

In this area, the head of Sectur said that at the end of 2019 it is estimated that the number of tourists staying at the hotel amounted to 129 million 67 thousand 800, a figure that will be 1.2 percent higher than what was registered in 2018, specifying that 78.4 percent of these travelers correspond to the national market and the remaining 21.6 percent to international.

When breaking down the tourist issuing markets to Mexico, he detailed that 12 million 828 thousand travelers came from North America, marking a regional increase of 1.4 percent; 3 million 15 thousand arrived from South America, Central America and the Caribbean, to reach an increase of 4.7 percent over what was obtained in 2018.

In other areas, such as Europe, the influx was 2 million 358 thousand tourists, 0.9 percent more than the previous year; from Asia, 680 thousand 775, 0.6 percent more; from Oceania, 95,225, which marks a decrease of 2.2 percent; of Africa, 31,628, with a growth of 10.7 percent; while another 39 thousand 953 travelers came from other regions of the world, with a growth of 8.3 percent.

Secretary Torruco Marqués further detailed the influx of issuers and said that the US market grew 0.2 percent, reaching 10 million 514 thousand tourists. He explained that this market had an important recovery, after having remained in negative figures in the accumulated during the first eleven months of the year, mainly due to the heavy snowfall that occurred in the central part and the East Coast in two weeks of January, as well as for the low due to failures of 350 Boeing 737-800 Max aircraft.

In turn, 2 million 314 thousand tourists arrived from Canada, with an increase of 7.4 percent, while another market that grew 8.2 percent was Colombia, with 603 thousand.

Other of the ten main international markets of tourists by air for our country are the United Kingdom, which registered 582 thousand travelers, 1.5 percent less than the previous year because of the closure of the operator and Thomas Cook, as well as the strike which took place on British Airways during September; Brazil, with 393 thousand and an increase of 0.9 percent; Spain, with 390 thousand and also 0.9 percent increase; and Argentina, which, due to a major economic crisis, showed a decrease of 21.1 percent, with 387 thousand travelers.

The last three of this list are France, with 307 thousand tourists and an increase of 6.9 percent; Peru, with 295 thousand, to mark an increase of 14.7 percent; and finally, Germany with 285 thousand, 1.5 percent less than in 2018.

visitas

Did you like the news? Share it!

to continue reading ...