Casa de Campo publishes statement on the Covid-19
Jason Kycek, SVP Sales & Marketing of the pioneer company in tourism development in the Dominican Republic has published a message addressed to its business partners explaining the current situation
Jason Kycek, SVP Sales & Marketing of Casa de Campo has sent a statement to business partners where he clarifies what is the situation of the firm in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. We share the message below:
For almost 50 years, Casa de Campo has welcomed guests from all over the world to enjoy the warmth, services, and charm found only within our community here in the Dominican Republic. Now more than ever, we are focused on continuing our rich legacy of caring for our guests and associates alike during this challenging time. We want to assure you and your colleagues that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and the community.
Here at Casa de Campo we have an attentive and committed team that is dedicated to the common goal of working together with all our partners in managing this crisis and thus preparing for better times. Our hearts and prayers go out to those who have been affected by this pandemic and we are grateful for all the support from our clients and industry professionals. Now is the time to unite, tackle the tasks at hand, maintain open communication, practice compassion, and stay on track. I am sure that we will all come out stronger and better when this crisis passes.
The environment seems to change daily and the following is an update on what we are doing on the property today.
• The government of the Dominican Republic has declared a state of emergency and has closed all flights and cruises that enter and leave the country for the next two weeks. From March 20 to April 2, Casa de Campo will remain closed during this time period and will reopen on Friday, April 3, 2020.
• We do daily reports and updates with our internal teams as the coronavirus situation evolves (COVID-19).
• We have canceled all scheduled events involving crowds and large groups of people.
• We close all activity points, the Shooting Center, the Equestrian Center, the Tennis Center, the Marina, retail stores and most restaurants.
• Lago, La Caña and room service restaurants remain open exclusively for our guests.
• Most other restaurants on the property will be closed or open only for Take Out orders.
• We started a new awareness campaign to reinforce hygiene measures with all our staff.
• Cleaning teams have been strengthened in the areas of greatest traffic and staff use, including the additional installation of antibacterial gel dispensers throughout the property.
• Common service areas such as the gym, sports fields, and other areas, including meeting rooms, restrooms, and restaurants, have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
• We have made HS Consulting for International Standards, one of the highest level certifications in the industry, verify that our resort complies and has the best quality and safety processes in its class.
In the unlikely event that a guest needs medical care of any kind during their stay, we have on-site certified medical professionals who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and, if necessary, will visit you at your villa or hotel room.
Centro Médico Central Romana, a private hospital with the highest standards (and a full Diagnostic Center with MRI equipment), is less than 5 minutes away. The complex offers courtesy transfers for non-emergency cases. We also have 911 emergency services, and an ambulance that is permanently on the property for emergency transfers if necessary. Casa de Campo guests receive priority care, translation services, and preferred assistance at our private VIP medical center.
As always, the Casa de Campo team remains attentive and committed to offering the highest standards of health and safety that our guests expect from us. With that in mind, we continue to welcome guests to our resort and will do our best to ensure they have a pleasant stay.
We have initiated a FREE CANCELLATION policy on all new leisure bookings and will continue to work with you and your customers to rebook your stays with us.
Please note that our entire team is here to support and assist you in any way possible. Feel free to contact me directly at any time if I can help you. We look forward to continuing to welcome you and your customers with open arms and to remain here for another 50 years.