Colombian travel agencies prepare to recover the activity
"It is clear that tourism will not be the same after this crisis. For this reason, the union of all the actors in the sector will be decisive for us to resume or exceed growth rates, ”said Paula Cortés Calle, executive president of ANATO
Once the crisis caused by Covid-19 is over, the actors in the sector will have to set new goals, create innovative strategies and reinvent their daily work. Continuing with the work that was being done will not be enough for the recovery of the travel industry.
Despite the fact that the date on which the activities of different sectors will begin their reactivation is unknown, ANATO and its Travel Agencies are already preparing to plan actions that lead to a rapid but responsible recovery in the industry.
"It is clear that tourism will not be the same after this crisis. That is why the union of all the actors in the sector will be decisive for us to resume or exceed the growth rates that we have been showing over the last 10 years. It will not be easy and that is why we must develop a correct, innovative and timely planning, "said Paula Cortés Calle, executive president of ANATO.
Among the measures proposed by the Association are:
1. Synergy of the sector: One of the main aspects to take into account is to create a work plan that involves both the public and private sectors, that proposes tactics that seek the same goal. It is here where it will also play an important role to give continuity to commercial spaces, contact with suppliers again, through events such as the ANATO Tourist Showcase, the National Congress of Travel Agencies and Tourism, among others.
2. Innovation: It is from difficult times or crisis that the best ideas come from. Tourism will be different in a few months. To do this, it is necessary to think and reinvent a different way not only in what products to offer to travelers, but also in how to do it.
3. National promotion: Without a doubt, domestic tourism will be the first to begin its recovery, that is why it is important to implement a campaign that encourages Colombians to visit their country again. Here the Travel Agencies are called to continue promoting the destinations, to make the packaging, to get to give greater economic development to the regions of Colombia.
4. Traveler confidence: one of the most important jobs, but perhaps more complex, is to eliminate the fear of tourists to travel again and for this it is imminent to have an academic work plan that deepens the knowledge of Travel Agents about the information they transmit about the recent problem, such as the destinations to visit and under what protocol measures.
5. Sustainable tourism: After this crisis, public health will become more important. Mass travel will be restricted, helping to conserve the carrying capacity of destinations, their preservation and encouraging the development of responsible tourism and the exploration of new experiences.