Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex opens its doors
The 28th of May begins the initial reopening phase with new measures to keep visitors and employees healthy
From May 28, 2020, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will open the doors to visitors again. During the initial reopening phase, you will begin to take new steps and procedures as part of an integral Trusted Space program to keep visitors and employees safe and healthy.
These new measures and procedures include:
• Opening with limited assistance that requires a specific ticket and closing time at a specific point of sale for the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (website of the KSC or the Reservation Department).
• Require facial coatings for employees and visitors.
• Maintain social distance in lines, restaurants and other facilities throughout the complex of visitors.
• Demand temperature controls on all employees and visitors before entry.
• Implement a greater frequency of sanitation and disinfection.
• Change of working hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to allow more time to clean and disinfect.
During the initial reopening phase, the number of visitors entering the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will be limited. During this phase, films that are projected before entering the Atlantis exhibition and Heroes & Legends, educational programs and some attractions will not be available. The situation will be evaluated permanently and if adjustments are made to the availability of exhibitions, resources and experiences according to whether it is considered appropriate and safe.
The following attractions will be available during the initial reopening phase. To see all attractions, visit the Explore Attractions page.
• Heroes & Legends with the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame (No previous presentations)
• Rocket Garden
• Nature and Technology (Naturaleza y Tecnología)
• Space Shuttle Atlantis (space shuttle Atlantis) (without previous presentations)
• NASA Now
• Journey to Mars
• Personnel Appearance
• Opportunity to take photographs at the Atlantis West Pavilion.