The Wheel at Orlando's ICON Park opens today
Largest Observation Wheel on the East Coast of the United States Operates Again
The Wheel, the largest observation wheel on the east coast of the United States, located in ICON Park, on Orlando's International Drive, will once again be illuminated with its distinctive colors, rolling and ready for visitors to enjoy the beautiful views of the city from Wednesday June 3. The hours of operation will be from 13:00 to 21:00 every day.
According to Phase 1 decreed by Governor Ron DeSantis “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step ”effective May 4, 2020, select areas of ICON Park are open. This includes the vast majority of attractions, shops, and restaurants that now offer take-out or take-out lunch and dinner service. The grassland and fountain areas also remain open.
For those who want to stay home, they can delight in the excitement of all the attractions and discover the entertainment complex through a virtual tour.
ICON Park is an 8.9-hectare outdoor, doorless entertainment destination with plenty of room for families to have fun and practice social distancing.
From taking a refreshing walk in the park to picking up a takeaway order and enjoying the outdoor seating of one of the restaurants, ICON Park is taking every precaution to provide a quality environment in order to better serve visitors as they prepare to reopen the remaining shops, restaurants and attractions.
ICON Park and all the businesses that operate there are following Governor DeSantis' Plan for Florida Recovery and following appropriate social distancing and sanitation measures as recommended by CDC, federal, state and local governments.
Steps The Wheel is taking to reopen include:
• Team members receive training on the importance of proper hand washing and are encouraged to stay home if they feel sick.
• Greater sanitation efforts have been implemented and prioritized in common and high-traffic areas.
• Facial masks are required and provided to team members
• The use of facial masks is recommended to visitors in cases where social distancing is not possible
• Hand sanitizers are available at The Wheelhouse and at The Wheel lines.
• Restaurants are suggested to provide delivery options and / or addresses to diners.
• Marks are placed on the floor every 3 meters that promote social distancing
• Directional signage is being implemented to limit congestion in places with high pedestrian traffic
• All trips will be made in a private capsule at The Wheel, regardless of the type of ticket purchased
• The wheel air conditioning system draws fresh air from outside (instead of recirculating the air, like on an airplane)
• Each capsule will be cleaned after each use
• Groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people per capsule
Visitors to the park can use the ICON Park courtesy parking.
For updates on current operations and ticketing assistance for ICON Park shops, attractions and restaurants, we recommend that you visit their individual websites for the most up-to-date information.