Avianca includes Covid-19 test for international flights
Customers with L and XXL rates now have the PCR or antigen test service included. The XXL also includes free home testing for up to 6 clients at the same location
Avianca and SynLab Colombia join forces to facilitate compliance with travel requirements for passengers flying from certain cities in Colombia to the airline's international destinations.
Thus, those who purchase tickets at rates L and XXL will not have to pay an additional cost for the PCR test or antigens (accepted in the United States), which will be included in the value of the ticket. Travelers who purchase XS, S, M or XL fares will also be able to access substantial discounts for PCR tests and antigen tests.
To schedule their appointment, passengers must go to the SynLab website. They must also bear in mind the validity time of the test (as well as its type) required by the country of destination.
“Our goal is to make our clients' travel plans much easier. We seek strategic alliances that allow us to create an ecosystem of benefits, advantages and discounts to improve your travel experience. From now on, our travelers can have included or with important discounts reliable PCR or antigen tests thanks to the new alliance with the renowned SynLAb Colombia laboratory. Without a doubt, we will continue looking for improvements to offer the best service according to the needs of the new traveler ”, indicated Emilio Chacón, Vice President of Digital Experiential and Additional Product Development at Avianca.
Cities available for testing:
· Bogotá. Approximate delivery time of results: 24 hours
· Cali, Medellín, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Manizales and Santa Marta. Approximate delivery time of results: 36 hours.
Recommendations to clients:
· The passenger must show the Avianca ticket purchase confirmation email at the time of the test.
· Communication related to tests and results will be made exclusively between the laboratory and the passenger.
· Tickets in sizes L and XXL include one (1) COVID PCR or antigen test with SynLab Colombia. If the passenger makes a change to his itinerary, and the test included in his size has already been carried out, the subsequent tests will not be covered by Avianca.
· In the case of sizes XS, S, M and XL, payment for the test must be made through the means of payment enabled by SynLab.
· The benefits apply to tickets issued as of February 17, 2021 and the alliance will be extended according to the requirements of the authorities of each country.