Star Alliance announces sanitary protocol for its VIP lounges
As flights begin to return, the airline alliance works to ensure that visiting a lounge anywhere in the world is safe and relaxing
Passengers will notice the following measures in place to further protect their health and well-being when traveling with Star Alliance
- Social distancing
- The capacity of the room will be restricted to ensure social distancing, with specific seats to remain unoccupied.
- Some amenities and facilities may be temporarily unavailable due to social distancing restrictions.
- Personal protection equipment
- It is a requirement that clients wear face masks while in the salon, of a type approved by local regulators.
- Salon staff should wear face masks along with proper protective cleaning and food preparation equipment.
- Hand sanitizer will be continuously available within the room.
- Surfaces and areas within the classroom will receive more frequent and improved cleaning.
- The customer's seating area will be disinfected upon departure.
- The reception area will have a glass partition.
- no contact
- Technology to minimize the need to manually manipulate documents or cards when entering the room.
- Use of digital media on client's personal devices.
- Specific measures
- Food and beverage services are adapted to meet local health safety guidelines.
- Specific measures may vary by location in accordance with local health authority notices and regulations. These will be communicated within the room by staff and with the appropriate signage.