Walt Disney World Resort plans a magical holiday season in 2021
From November 12, visitors will be able to enjoy unique and unforgettable experiences
Beginning November 12, festive entertainment, fanciful décor, seasonal food and beverages, specialty merchandise and more will be a part of the 2021 holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort. Here's a first look at the festive season coming this year as part of "The World's Most Magical Celebration" in honor of the resort's 50th anniversary.
• Main Street, USA, will be decked out for the holidays with seasonal décor.
• Special holiday screenings will appear most nights at Cinderella's Castle, alternating periodically throughout the night with the castle's transformation into a Symbol of Magic * as part of the park's 50th anniversary celebration.
• "Disney Very Merriest After Hours," a new event that requires a special ticket, begins November 8 and continues on select nights throughout the holiday season. The four-hour experience will feature "Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks," Disney characters throughout the park, Christmas music and decorations, treats, and much more. The event will be open to a limited number of visitors after the park's regular hours of operation, with shorter wait times at more than 20 available attractions. Tickets will go on sale in August, with an advance purchase window available to guests of select Disney Resort hotels.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
• The Hollywood Holiday Tower will shine again at the end of Sunset Boulevard during Sunset Seasons Greetings. Projection effects will magically transform the park icon into a snowy Arendelle, a Muppet gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a "Mickey's Christmas Carol" -inspired Dickensian town. This Christmas show will also alternate with the nightly transformation of the tower into a Symbol of Magic.
• "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration" will feature a festive ending starring Olaf.
• Santa Claus will bring joy to the North Pole through a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard.
• Minnie Mouse will be hosting a fine meal at Hollywood & Vine, accompanied by her friends in their Christmas best clothes, and Santa, too!
Disney's Animal Kingdom
• The centerpiece of the park, the Tree of Life, becomes another Symbol of Magic most nights during the 50th anniversary celebration. During the holiday season there will be even more nature-inspired magic, as the Christmas edition of Tree of Life Awakenings also takes place most nights.
• Disney characters will sail the Discovery River, accompanied by upbeat songs of the season.
• The Walt Disney World shopping, dining and entertainment district will be transformed into a winter wonderland, filled with bright lights, charming décor and Christmas surprises.
• The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll will feature elaborately decorated and Disney-themed trees, including some inspired by "The World's Most Magical Celebration."
• A magical snowfall will add a touch of wonder for shoppers in surprise locations.
• Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar will become Jock Lindsey's Holiday Bar with charming décor and a delicious limited-time menu filled with holiday favorites.
• Disney Springs is the perfect place for guests to do their Christmas shopping and double check their list, with a wide range of Disney Christmas merchandise including decorations, family matching pajamas, seasonal sweaters and more.
Disney Resort Hotels
• Iconic trees and other seasonal touches will turn Disney Resort hotels into holiday havens.
• Select resorts will feature intricate gingerbread displays perfect for holiday photography and inspiration for holiday treats.
• Some resorts will offer Christmas menus in restaurants, as well as special food and drinks.
• The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will return from November 26 to December 30 and will feature holiday kitchens around the World Showcase, performances by Voices of Liberty, a Cookie Stroll and more.