Dominican Republic mobilizes 949,055 passengers in June

1024 576
Travel2Latam
Travel2Latam
https://en.travel2latam.com/nota/69191-dominican-republic-mobilizes-949055-passengers-in-june
Dominican Republic mobilizes 949,055 passengers in June
Source: MINTUR
July 30, 2021

The air sector of the Caribbean country registers an increase for the fourth consecutive month


The flow of passengers mobilized at the country's airports during the month of June of this year was 949,055 passengers (487,375 on incoming flights and 461,680 on outgoing flights), thus registering an increase in passenger traffic by air from and to towards Dominican territory for the fourth consecutive month. This was reported by Dr. José E. Marte Piantini, president of the Civil Aviation Board, the regulatory body for civil aviation in the Dominican Republic. 

In that sense, the country sets a record in the movement of transported passengers, since the Dominican authorities established the restrictions due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, in March 2020. 

Marte Piantini, reported that during the month of June the country registered an increase of 132,242 passengers in air operations, compared to the month of May. 

The data offered by the president of the JAC, which are contained in the "Air Transport Statistical Report" for the month of June, indicate that, compared to June 2019, the flow of passengers transported through the country's airports has recovered by 76%. 

Marte Piantini, assured that “the President of the Republic Luis Abinader has managed to turn the Dominican Republic into one of the countries with the best performance in the face of the difficult situation of the pandemic. This can be seen in the accelerated recovery, which in recent months has had the flow of passengers arriving through the country's international airports, and whose expectations are that at the end of July, it will reach for the first time since February 2020, the figure of one million travelers ”. 

He stressed that reaching this figure would represent a milestone, since since the reopening of air services in July 2020, this figure has not been achieved, with which July is projected as the fifth most active month in terms of passenger traffic, exceeding the months of the first semester of the year 2021.

Data from the "Air Transport Statistical Report" of the Civil Aviation Board also indicates that during the month of June, 95% of total passenger traffic was in the regular mode with 898,787. The remaining 5% corresponds to charter flights with 50,268 passengers. 

The figures for air operations corresponding to the month of June show that the flight modalities registered growth in passenger movement, in contrast to the previous month of May, with the regular one standing out, with 128,720 additional passengers. While, compared to the same month, but in 2019, it could be said that the regular modality is recovered by 79%, while the charter is recovered by 43%. 

The report indicates that, for the first time in 14 months, the Punta Cana International Airport is positioned as the air terminal with the highest passenger traffic in the country with 363,914, while the International Airport of Las Américas, José Francisco Peña Gómez, is ranks second as the busiest, with a total of 351,356 passengers mobilized during the month of June. 

It is important to highlight that the Civil Aviation Board is composed, in addition to its president, by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Tourism, the Legal Consultant of the Executive Power, the General Director of the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation, the Executive Director of the Airport Department; the Commander General of the Air Force of the Dominican Republic, the Director General of the Specialized Corps in Airport Security and Civil Aviation; Nasim Antonio Yapor Alba and Fernando Hiram Taveras, as representatives of the Private Sector, Andrés R. Marranzini Grullón, as representative of the Private Tourism Sector, and Paola Plá Puello, as secretary. 

The Civil Aviation Board is the highest civil aviation body in the country. It meets the request of its president, as established by Law No. 491-06 of Civil Aviation of the Dominican Republic. 

visitas

Did you like the news? Share it!

to continue reading ...