Hilton Honors Expands Benefits and Introduces Policies for 2022
The Hilton hotel chain announced important changes to reward the loyalty of its 118 million members
Hilton remains optimistic and committed to providing flexibility in its loyalty program. The firm announced that its members can expect to retain their points and elite status for an extended period and earn the status more easily in 2022.
Hilton Honors, the loyalty program that spans 18 brands in the chain, has implemented the following changes:
- Extend status through March 31, 2023, so members can maintain their status benefits and benefits longer.
- Pause the expiration of Points until December 31, 2022, so members have more time to use their Points to earn free nights at more than 6,600 Hilton hotels, exclusive Hilton Honors experiences, live events, charitable donations and plus.
- Relax 2022 qualifications around earning status, milestone bonuses, and status gifts from 2019 requirements to make these benefits easier to achieve. In 2022, Hilton Honors members will earn the following:
- State level requirements
- Silver status in seven nights, three stays or 17,500 Base Points.
- Gold Status for 28 nights, 14 stays or 52,500 Base Points.
- Diamond Status in 42 nights, 21 stays or 84,000 Base Points.
- Milestone bonuses
- 10,000 bonus points at 30 nights.
- 10,000 bonus points for every additional 10 nights (after 30 nights).
- 30,000 one-time bonus points in 60 nights.
- Gift of Elite Status
- A one-time gift of Gold status for a friend or family member for 40 nights, which can be upgraded to Diamond status for 70 nights.
- State level requirements
- Extending Rollover Nights for members of all status levels, so that all nights completed in 2021 are automatically rolled over and count towards the 2022 level qualifications.
- Ongoing flexibility of certain benefits for US American Express Hilton Honors card members through December 31, 2022.
- Free weekend night certificates, including those issued in 2022, can continue to be used any night of the week (not just weekends).
- Hilton Honors bonus points earned from eligible purchases on any Hilton Honors American Express card will continue to count as base points toward Elite level qualification and Lifetime Diamond status through December 31, 2022.
"As we return to a new travel season together, we want our loyal guests to know that we made these program changes with them as a priority," said Jenn Chick, vice president and global director, Hilton Honors & Customer Engagement. , Hilton. "We are proud to lead the hospitality industry by providing flexibility, once again, to our valued Hilton Honors members to help them create new memories when they are ready to travel again".