Dominican tourism records the best September in history

1024 576
Travel2Latam
Travel2Latam
https://en.travel2latam.com/nota/70496-dominican-tourism-records-the-best-september-in-history
Dominican tourism records the best September in history
Source: Twitter @DavidColladoM
Tue October 12, 2021

The Ministry of Tourism reported that the month of September just concluded was the best September in the entire history of the Dominican Republic with an influx of tourists higher than in 2018, 2019 and 2020


September registered the entry of a total of 365,544 non-residents, which represents a recovery of 14% of the influx received before the COVID 19 pandemic, specifically in September 2019, and in turn 25% compared to the figures of September 2020, which represented the generation of about $ US412 million to the country.
 
David Collado, minister of tourism, stated that the arrival of tourists to date is greater than 3.3 million air travel by non-residents in the Dominican Republic during the year 2021, surpassing the year 2019 for the eleventh month, and stressed that the recovery has been more noticeable in non-resident foreign tourists who usually stay in the country for an average of 7 days.
 
The non-residents who arrived in the country in 2021 were tourists of foreign origin in 79% and the remaining 21% of Dominican origin.
 
The high tourist activity represented an increase in formal jobs to 162,254 people distributed in more than 7 thousand companies for the month of August, varying from 6,648 additional employees compared to July and from 51 additional companies for the same date. This growth was recorded mainly in lodging establishments, more than 4,311 and food and beverage outlets, more than 1,800.
 
Hotel activity peaked after the pandemic in terms of rooms in operation. 87% of these remained in operation and 54% were busy during the week, and 61% on weekends. 22% of these guests are of local origin and their nightly booking rate highlights the positive short-term performance.
 
The relaxation of travel restrictions has allowed the recovery of historical emitting countries of the Dominican Republic such as Russia, which rose in the list of main emitters and ranked number 2, only behind the United States. The countries that accompany in the top 4 are Spain and Colombia.
 
In the data presented by MITUR with the normalization of the influx of non-resident foreigners, the Punta Cana airport once again positioned itself as the main port of entry for passengers, followed in attracting tourists by the International Airport of the Americas and the International Airport of the Cibao, since both surpass in 2021 the data of the reference period of the year 2019.
 
According to estimates, in September the Dominican Republic received 3,694 commercial flights with an occupancy of 71% through 87 airlines from 90 different airports and 43 countries. While by sea, 10 cruise operations were carried out by 8 ships, two of which touched Dominican ports on the same trip, representing the arrival of 22,572 cruise passengers to 3 different ports such as La Romana and Amber Cove, meaning 3% more. than in the month of August.
 
Finally, air ticket reservations from October to December 2021 are 12% - 20% above those made for 2019. The closeness observed between the performance of air ticket reservations to the Dominican Republic and the flow of tourist arrivals, augurs a significant rebound for the end of the year in the country's recovery trend.
 
It is estimated that in October 2021 the tourist arrivals registered in October 2019 would be exceeded. By the end of 2021, the arrival of non-residents to the country could reach 4.8 million passengers.
 

visitas

Did you like the news? Share it!

to continue reading ...