Royal Caribbean International has taken delivery of Wonder of the Seas
The imposing ship will make its official debut in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 4
Adventures aboard the new wonder of the world are on the horizon for vacationers of all ages. On Thursday, Royal Caribbean International took delivery of Wonder of the Seas, the next most anticipated and innovative ship from the award-winning cruise line. To celebrate the completion of three years of construction, the traditional flag changing ceremony was held in Marseille, France, with the Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard. Wonder will make her official debut in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 4 to begin sailing 7-night Caribbean cruises before heading to Barcelona, Spain, and Rome for summer Mediterranean adventures.
Royal Caribbean Group CEO Richard Fain, Royal Caribbean Group Chairman and CEO Jason Liberty, Royal Caribbean International Chairman and CEO Michael Bayley, and Laurent Castaing, CEO of Chantiers de l'Atlantique in Saint- Nazaire, France, welcomed the Wonder to the Royal Caribbean family.
"Wonder of the Seas will energize cruising in a bigger, bolder way. The addition of this ship to our fleet elevates the company to continue leading the industry with new features and innovation," said Jason Liberty, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean Group. "This is yet another way to responsibly deliver world-class, memorable vacations to guests around the world."
"The delivery of Wonder of the Seas is the culmination of 30 months of ingenuity and collaboration with more than 2,000 dedicated crew members and workers who are among the best at what they do," said Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean. International. "In addition to taking the revolutionary Oasis Class ships to a new level of wonder, innovation and adventure, Wonder sets the stage for the spring and summer breaks that families and all travelers look forward to in the new year. The combination of features brand new and favorites spanning thrills, entertainment, dining and nightlife is second to none, and it's what will make our latest and most innovative ship the new wonder of the world and the ultimate in Caribbean vacations and Europe."
"Wonder of the Seas represents a new step forward for the Oasis Class ships. Our teams have worked under difficult conditions, but in a very united way, to finally make important changes that have improved the ship's performance," said Laurent Castaing, Managing Director of Chantiers de l'Atlantique. "The Wonder is truly an exceptional new ship."
Highlights to discover on the Wonder
The fifth ship in Royal Caribbean's revolutionary Oasis Class, Wonder has adventures in eight unique neighborhoods - a Royal Caribbean first - for vacationers of all ages. The young and young at heart can discover, wonder and make memories in a variety of ways and places designed for family togetherness and “me” time, including:
- Suite Neighborhood – The new eighth neighborhood offers Royal Suite Class guests an elevated Sun Deck Suite in a new location, complete with a plunge pool, bar, and plenty of loungers and nooks to relax in; along with favorites like the Coastal Kitchen, the private restaurant, the Suite Lounge, and the largest Ultimate Family Suite yet to accommodate a family of 10.
- The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar – This new spot serves up Southern signatures and new twists on classics for lunch, dinner and late night, including savory johnnycakes, Southern-style fried chicken, crab fritters and shrimp grits. Live country music, country-style décor, a collection of bourbons and milkshakes complete the experience.
- Wonder Playscape – The children's water play area is an adventure with slides, climbing walls, games, an interactive touch-activated mural and imaginative puzzles.
- The Vue Bar – The happiest happy hour can be found at this new bar on a floating platform. The Vue offers sweeping views of the ocean during the day, and after sunset it glows brightly with a colorful mosaic canopy overhead.
- Caribbean Pool Deck – At the center of Caribbean vibes is The Lime & Coconut, along with the trio of high-speed slides, The Perfect Storm, Splashaway Bay kids' water park, Casitas, pool loungers, live music and much more.
- El Loco Fresh and Cantina Fresca - The place for Mexican delicacies, such as tacos, burritos and quesadillas, now opens Cantina Fresca. The bar serves a selection of "fresh waters", margaritas and other typical Mexican products.
Other favorites aboard Wonder are Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, Royal Caribbean's latest twist on the Italian trattoria; the highest slide in the sea, The Ultimate Abyss; the newly designed kid and teen spaces at Adventure Ocean, Social100 and The Patio; the FlowRider surf simulator, the twin climbing walls, the Central Park neighborhood lined with more than 20,000 real plants; and much more.
Upcoming US and European Cruises
- Sailing from Fort Lauderdale – Wonder will sail to the Caribbean from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale between March and April 2022. 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries include visits to the cruise line's private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Nassau, Bahamas; Roatan, Honduras; and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Sailing from Barcelona and Rome – Starting in May, the new Oasis Class ship sets sail for the summer holidays in the Mediterranean. The 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises will visit top destinations including Naples and Florence, Italy; Palma de Majorca, Spain; and Provence, France.
- Sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida – Wonder's year-round adventures begin in November 2022, when the latest addition to Royal Caribbean's lineup sails a Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral. Destinations awaiting vacationers range from Perfect Day at CocoCay and Philipsburg, St. Maarten to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, and Cozumel, Mexico
For more details on Wonder, including itineraries that can be booked now, visit Royal Caribbean 's website.