Historic EPCOT transformation continues at Walt Disney World Resort
1024 576travel2latam Travel2Latam
A wide range of new experiences will make the real fantastic in a celebration of curiosity, discovery and the magic of the possible
Walt Disney once said that EPCOT would “always be in a state of transformation” – it is a place that changes with the times. Walt Disney World Resort theme park lives up to that promise in a whole new way as it continues the biggest transformation of any Disney park in history, bringing to life the next generation of immersive storytelling through a host of of new attractions and experiences.
EPCOT has been unified into four neighborhoods that highlight important aspects of the world and its people: World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Discovery. These neighborhoods are filled with new experiences rooted in authenticity and innovation that take visitors to new destinations, where real becomes fantastic in celebration of curiosity, discovery and the magic of the possible.
• World Celebration offers new experiences that connect visitors with each other and with the world around them.
• The entrance plaza to EPCOT welcomes visitors with paths and wide green spaces that beautify the entrance. Connecting EPCOT's past, present and future is a new fountain at the base of Spaceship Earth with three new majestic pillars. The entrance plaza also features new lighting and music, as well as banners flanking the fountain featuring six original EPCOT icons.
• Spaceship Earth transforms at night into a symbol of magic with new lights that shine through the reflective panels of the geodesic sphere.* These lights connect to each other as a symbol of optimism that resembles the stars in a night sky .
• The new Connections Café and Eatery houses a quick service restaurant as well as Starbucks coffee. With open kitchens and a variety of seating options, this new dining option encourages visitors to connect with one another through food and drink. In addition to the park's rich legacy of original art exhibits, Connections Eatery features a hand-painted mural that stretches more than 150 feet in length on the back wall, celebrating how food is grown around the world.
• Creations Shop invites visitors to explore and celebrate Disney creativity, inspired by Mickey Mouse. The merchandise location features a bold and elegant design in an open, bright and inviting environment with large glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in. Artistic tributes to Mickey are throughout the store, including large, dynamic murals that tap into the park's original artistic spirit.
• Adjacent to the Creations Shop is the revitalized Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola. Celebrating Coca-Cola in a fresh new way, Club Cool invites guests to explore tasty beverages from around the world, bringing the global Coca-Cola experience to life through new magic and classic flavor.
• As guests pass Spaceship Earth, they'll discover a stunning new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue honoring the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, as well as beautiful natural settings and global design elements filled with Disney magic and surprises.
• In World Discovery, stories about science, technology and intergalactic adventures come to life.
• Debuting May 27, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the first “otherworldly” pavilion at EPCOT. This family-friendly roller coaster adventure begins at the Galaxarium, a planetarium-like exhibit that explores the similarities and mysteries of the galaxy's formation between Earth and Xandar. Guests will learn more about the technology Xandar has to share – until Eson the Celestial arrives and guests must help the Guardians of the Galaxy save the universe in an intergalactic chase through time and space.
The attraction is one of the longest fully enclosed roller coasters in the world, and each vehicle rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including Disney's first-ever reverse launch on a roller coaster.
• An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new Space 220 restaurant is a dining experience that offers the celestial panorama of a space station, including day and night views of Earth from 220 miles above. Visitors will board a special elevator to travel to the Centauri Space Station, where they will enjoy a dining experience from above. During ascent, viewports will give visitors a real-time perspective as they travel over the planet. When they arrive, visitors enjoy fantastic food and drinks while taking in views that are truly out of this world. Space 220 is operated by Patina Restaurant Group.
• World Showcase continues to be a celebration of culture, food, architecture and traditions – infused with new magic.
• The newly expanded France pavilion features the new Remy's Ratatouille Adventure attraction, where guests feel as though they are shrinking down to the size of Chef Remy and racing through Gusteau's restaurant. A new and delicious restaurant, La Crêperie de Paris, joins this family experience in the France pavilion, offering à la carte and quick service options with a menu by renowned chef Jérôme Bocuse.
• Also, in the France pavilion, the classic film “Impressions of France” is joined by the new “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along,” directed by Don Hahn, producer of both the animated version and the live-action version. action, of this story that is as old as time.
• “Harmonious” is one of the largest nighttime shows ever created for a Disney park. Taking place at World Showcase Lagoon, the show celebrates the way Disney music inspires people around the world, harmoniously taking them through a series of familiar songs reinterpreted by a culturally diverse group of 240 artists from around the world. world. “Harmonious” will feature vast floating pieces, custom LED panels, moving fountains synchronized with a choreography, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.
• Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, the new fast casual restaurant in The American Adventure pavilion, offers classic American barbecue fare and house craft beers. The restaurant takes its name from Sam Eagle; the beloved Muppet is hosting a century-old cooking competition – a tribute to all the world's cuisines, but mostly barbecue.
• World Nature is dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, wonder and balance of the natural world. Includes The Land and Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions, and coming soon Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana.
• The Land pavilion's new film, "Awesome Planet," showcases the beauty, diversity and dynamic history of the Earth. The 10-minute show features in-theater effects and an original score by Academy Award®-winning composer Steven Price.
• Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will be the first Disney park experience inspired by the hit film from Walt Disney Animation Studios. This lush exploration trail will invite visitors to meet and play with magical water brought to life. Like the ocean, Moana's friend, the water will have a personality of its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way.
Did you like the news? Share it!