Hilton opens 11 hotels and signs 15 deals in the Caribbean and Latin America in the first half of 2022
Last week the chain announced its second quarter results highlighting the opening of its 7,000th hotel and reinforcing the company's focus on global growth
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) celebrated the close of the first half of 2022 with continued growth momentum in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) region. From January 1 to June 30, 2022, the company welcomed 11 new hotels, increasing its portfolio in the CALA region to more than 190 hotels, which represents almost 15% of Hilton's presence outside from United States. With its aggressive expansion plans, which include a project portfolio of 105 properties, Hilton's long-standing commitment to development throughout the region is stronger than ever, as the company expects to open its 200th hotel in the CALA region sooner. end of 2022.
"We are always looking for opportunities to expand Hilton's footprint in the Caribbean and Latin America, and to do so we work with exceptional owners to introduce the right brand in the right market to meet the demands of today's global traveler," said Juan. Corvinos, senior vice president of development for the Caribbean and Latin America, Hilton. “Our plans have led to incredible milestones in the region, from welcoming new all-inclusive and luxury resorts in some of the most desirable destinations to introducing our brands to new markets that cater to and attract all types of visitors. We are excited about our momentum and continued commitment to this very dynamic region.”
Over the course of the first half of 2022, Hilton opened 11 hotels, totaling more than 2,100 rooms, spread across seven brands and six countries in the region. This brings its portfolio in the region to more than 190 hotels and resorts, totaling more than 35,000 rooms that welcome guests in 27 countries and territories. During that same time, the company confirmed its plans to open another 15 hotels during the second half of 2022 and signed 15 new development agreements. This increases its portfolio of projects in the region to 105, for a total of almost 15,750 rooms.
Highlights from the first six months of the year include:
- Hilton increased its all-inclusive portfolio in the Caribbean and Latin America to 10 resorts with the April 2022 opening of the 735-room Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort – Hilton's first all-inclusive offering in Tulum and the largest resort in Tulum. Hilton in CALA. With this latest opening, Hilton now offers six all-inclusive options in Mexico, two in the Dominican Republic, one in Curacao and one in Jamaica.
- Conrad Hotels & Resorts, one of Hilton's three luxury brands, announced the brand's first property in the Mexican Caribbean with the January 2022 opening of Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya. With bold design, exquisite cuisine, a sustainability program and transformative experiences, this luxury property laid the foundation for Hilton's expansion in Tulum, one of the most important destinations in Mexico, and strengthened the brand's presence in Mexico. following the 2020 opening of Conrad Punta de Mita , located on the country's Pacific coast.
- Five years after the opening of its first hotel, Tru by Hilton , Hilton's revolutionary and intergenerational hotel brand, opened its first property in CALA, the 154-room Tru by Hilton Criciúma. The brand plans to continue its expansion in the CALA region with seven projects underway, including the opening of Tru by Hilton Monterrey Fundidora, scheduled for the end of this year.
- In Peru, Hilton opened its tenth property in the country, Hampton by Hilton Arequipa, following the opening of DoubleTree by Hilton Trujillo and Hilton Garden Inn Lima Miraflores.
- Curio Collection by Hilton welcomed Botanika Osa Peninsula, Curio Collection by Hilton in Costa Rica and Royal Palm Galapagos, Curio Collection by Hilton, thus becoming the first international hotel brand in the Galapagos Islands and making Ecuador the 30th country and territory of the brand in welcoming travelers to its growing portfolio of hotels.
- The opening of Rok Hotel Kingston, Tapestry Collection by Hilton marks Hilton's return to the Jamaican capital and the hotel marks the first of the Tapestry Collection by Hilton brand in the Caribbean.
De cara al futuro, la compañía espera abrir aproximadamente 15 propiedades adicionales en CALA, distribuidas entre 10 marcas, para fines de 2022, incluyendo debuts de marcas en Brasil y México, entre otros destinos. Entre las próximas aperturas de 2022 destacan Motto by Hilton Tulum, el primer hotel de la marca en la región CALA; Tru by Hilton Monterrey Fundidora, el primer hotel de la marca en México; DoubleTree by Hilton Foz de Iguaçu, el primer hotel de Hilton cerca de las afamadas cataratas en Brasil; y Waldorf Astoria Cancun, que materializa la esperada llegada de la marca de lujo a la península de Yucatán.
Hilton's expanded portfolio of projects in CALA, which includes 105 properties, spans 24 countries and territories, with five destinations: Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, representing more than 50% of growth plans in company rooms in the region.