The summer 2023 of the Chileans

1024 576
Travel2Latam
Travel2Latam
https://en.travel2latam.com/nota/77674-the-summer-2023-of-the-chileans
The summer 2023 of the Chileans
Source: gmail COCHA
November 08, 2022

80% of the destinations to travel will be abroad. 18 days is the average duration of the trip outside Chile and 9 days within the country

 



With the increase in temperatures, and two months before the long-awaited summer holidays begin, families are already beginning to prepare for the well-deserved rest, also driven by the end of sanitary restrictions and the reactivation of local and international tourism.

According to the COCHA Insights study, for the 2022/2023 summer season, 80% of Chileans are preferring international vacation destinations, especially in places with lots of sun, beach and where they can be in contact with nature, such as Cancun , Punta Cana, Miami and Rio de Janeiro. To these places is added the cosmopolitan city of New York, always captivating for its varied panoramas.

Meanwhile, 20% of the destinations preferred by Chileans will be within the country, especially in the south of Chile, such as Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt, Temuco and Balmaceda, towns with beautiful and vast landscapes and varied outdoor panoramas. In the north of Chile, the favorite city to spend the summer will be Iquique, which has extensive beaches, nightlife and different walks. 

As a way to take advantage of lower prices, people are anticipating the purchase of international flights in 90 days, while the purchase of domestic trips is taking place 60 days in advance, which confirms the trend that COCHA Insights has been observing during the last months and recommends buying tickets for international destinations more than 3 or 4 months in advance and 2 months in advance in the case of trips within Chile.

Although face-to-face service in stores is fully reactivated, 85% of users still prefer the online platform to buy, while the other 15% do so directly at the branch.

Regarding the most chosen products for travel, 60% of people prefer to buy flights, 30% prefer tour packages that include tickets and accommodation, and the rest, travel assistance -a prevention tool against any disease or catastrophe that the person may suffer during the trip- and hotels.

With regard to payment methods, user preferences are 75% inclined towards credit cards, while transactions through bank transfers and debit cards only reach 25%.

Destinations most chosen by Chileans for this Summer 2023

If you still haven't chosen the destination for your next vacation, COCHA suggests some activities in the cities that most Chileans will visit during the summer of 2023.

Cancun: coral sand paradise. A recommended scenario for families is to visit the Xcaret, Xel Ha, Xplor and Xenses parks.

Punta Cana: a must-see is to visit the Los Haitises National Park where you can practice diving and discover corals, underwater caves and the remains of some shipwrecks.

Miami: city of beautiful beaches like South Beach or Bill Baggs. You can also visit the Miami Seaquarium to see the marine fauna and the amusement parks in Orlando, which is just over 3 hours away, where you can visit Disney World or Universal Studios.

Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian coastal city, famous for its Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, the 38m-high statue of Christ the Redeemer atop Corcovado Hill, and the Sugar Loaf Mountain, a granite peak with cable cars ascending to its top from where you can appreciate the best view of the city of Rio de Janeiro.

New York: here there are multiple panoramas to enjoy such as a visit to the district of Manhattan, skyscrapers such as the Empire State Building, a walk through the wide Central Park and the best plays and musicals on Broadway.

Puerto Montt: capital of the Los Lagos Region, it has the Angelmó market, where you can enjoy its rich gastronomy of fish and shellfish from the area. From this city, you will access the island of Chiloé and the Carretera Austral.

Punta Arenas: city in the southern zone of Chile and capital of the Region of Magallanes and Chilean Antarctica, where you can see the Strait of Magellan; enjoy its cafeterias or visit the city's cemetery, declared a national historical monument.

Temuco: a city to rest and discover on foot its churches, monuments and outdoor panoramas.

Balmaceda: 55 kilometers from Coyhaique, this city has just over 500 inhabitants and a lot of nature. If you are a sports lover, you should visit the El Fraile Ski Center.

Iquique: a must-see is to bathe in the Cavancha beach located in the middle of the city and visit the historic buildings and the saltpeter offices, and at night, enjoy its nightlife in the city center.

 

visitas

Did you like the news? Share it!

to continue reading ...