Phocuswright kicks off its annual global conference today
The event will focus on the theme: Travelers. Titans. Pioneers. In addition, the sessions will reveal insights into the latest technology innovations in the industry
The event will focus on the theme: Travelers. Titans. Pioneers “Travelers. Titans. Trailblazers”, and sessions will reveal insights into the latest technological innovations in the industry, the future of the lodging industry, finance and investment, insights into consumer behaviour, short-term rentals - as well as sharing of predictions about the future of travel.
"At a time when the industry is facing significant challenges, the Phocuswright Conference promises to offer invaluable face-to-face networking opportunities for relevant connections, opportunities for professional development and a wealth of ideas and inspiration" says Phocuswright CEO Pete Comeau. "We've built a program that maximizes value and focuses on deep networking and relevant content for travel executives charting the future of their businesses and the industry."
Some 1,200 industry leaders are expected to attend the Phocuswright Conference in Phoenix, Arizona later today. Speakers include many of the industry's top executives and influencers:
- Peter Kern, Vice President and CEO, Expedia Group
- Frederic Lalonde, Co-Founder and CEO, Hopper
- Steve Hafner, Co-Founder and CEO, KAYAK
- John Mangelaars, CEO, Skyscanner
- Matt Goldberg, CEO, Tripadvisor
- Amy Burr, President, JetBlue Technology Ventures
- John Morhous, CXO, Flight Center Travel Group
- Erik Blachford, Venture Partner, Technology Crossover Ventures
- Jamie Cohen, CFO, Vacasa
- Lloyd Walmsley, Managing Director, UBS
- Brian Barth, Managing Director and Co-Founder, UpLift
- Chris Hemmeter, Managing Director, Thayer Ventures
- Kelly Covato, Director of Travel, Autos and Energy, Snap
- Kurt Ekert, President, Saber
- Drew Pinto, Global Director of Sales, Distribution and Revenue Management, Marriott
- Tao Tao, Co-Founder and COO, GetYourGuide
- Nelson Boyce, General Manager, Travel, Google
- Belinda Hindmarsh, Executive Vice President and Chief Growth Officer, CWT
This year's event will also feature professional development opportunities through Phocuswright's Diversity in Leadership program and #IAmRemarkable workshop, the Young Leaders Summit for future generations of leaders, and the Startups Program to connect innovators, investors and like-minded mentors.