Silversea opens general sales on over 280 voyages for 2023/2024
Calling in 690 destinations in 125 countries, the leading ultra-luxury line’s new itineraries for 2023/2024 include new grand voyages to Africa & Arabia and the Mediterranean
Responding to strong demand for extended voyages to far-flung destinations, Silversea Cruises today opened general sales on over 280 new voyages for 2023/2024, including two new grand voyages to Africa & the Arabian Peninsula and the Mediterranean. Silversea will expand its global coverage by deploying its 10 ships to over 690 destinations in 125 countries – a record for the leading ultra-luxury cruise line, which sails to over 900 global destinations in total.
Over 280 voyages, 690 destinations, 125 countries
Setting sail from March 2023 to May 2024, Silversea’s new voyage collection will include over 60 maiden calls, an increased 197 overnight calls, and over 60 hand-picked combination voyages for extended exploration, as well as the following innovations:
- Brand new itineraries in Africa and the Indian Ocean, including in-depth explorations of the Red Sea. Guests will discover the region’s natural and archeological heritage during new itineraries to the Arabian Peninsula for extended stays in the Persian Gulf. On all-new South Africa and Namibia voyages, travelers will have the chance to witness the region’s Big Five—lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephants, and buffalo—on visits to safari reserves. As well as the iconic Skeleton Coast, guests will explore the unique wildlife and geology of the Vanilla Islands.
- New itineraries in Northern Europe, including Silversea’s first-ever expedition voyages in the Baltic Sea, building on the cruise line’s customary offering in the Norwegian Fjords, the Baltic, Iceland, the British Isles and the Atlantic Coast. Travelers will journey to off-the-beaten-path destinations along the Finnish coast, while new Norwegian Fjord departures will offer the chance to see autumnal foliage and the Northern Lights. Expeditions to the British Isles will unlock new, remote destinations, such as the Farne Islands and Lindisfarne Island in the Scottish Isles.
- Greater variety in Alaska, with brand new combinable itineraries that will offer extended adventure—building on the cruise line’s seven-day itineraries aboard Silver Muse. Maiden calls to Icy Bay and Valdez will attract well-travelled guests, offering the chance to witness the magnificent Columbia Glacier.
- More departures in Canada and New England, including voyages setting sail in the summer months for the first time in Silversea’s history, adding to the cruise line’s established itineraries, which will now include an overnight call in Boston, Massachusetts.
In a new video for the cruise line’s guests, Conrad Combrink—Silversea’s Senior Vice President of Expeditions, Turnaround Operations and Destination Management—shares insight on the new 2023/2024 itinerary collection’s highlights:
“Whether we’re retracing our footsteps along familiar paths or setting off to unchartered territories, there is always something new to discover. […] Silversea is proud to offer first-time expedition itineraries in the Arabian Peninsula, giving our guests the opportunity to visit off-the-beaten-path places, like the Khasab Peninsula in Oman, Djibouti on the Horn of Africa, or exciting destinations like Al Ula and the Farasan Islands in Saudi Arabia. Our new East Africa Islands expedition cruise will bring us to the wildlife-rich Aldabra Atoll in the Seychelles and the Comoro Islands—a maiden call for us. We will also set sail on our first-ever grand voyage in Africa and Arabia in 2024, with fascinating stops at places like Zanzibar, Muscat, and Richard’s Bay. In Northern Europe, we will offer in-depth expeditions in the Baltic Region for the first time. […] For North America, we have designed all-new Alaska itineraries to destinations like Icy Bay and Valdez, and even the fast-moving (for a glacier) Columbia Glacier. […] And finally, we return to our roots with a grand voyage in the Mediterranean that offers our most extensive exploration of the region, over an immersive 65-day journey.”
Two new grand voyages
Guests in search of extended, immersive travel will be attracted to Silversea’s two new grand voyages, which will set sail in 2023 and 2024 respectively, enriching the cruise line’s existing range of grand voyages:
• Africa & Arabia grand voyage 2024
Silversea’s first-ever grand voyage to Africa and Arabia will combine new-world modernity with fascinating glimpses into the region’s storied past. Embarking Silver Spirit in Cape Town on January 27, 2024, Silversea’s guests will travel deep into 28 destinations over 62 days, charting their way through Namibia, South Africa, Madagascar, Réunion, Mauritius, Seychelles, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, and Egypt, before concluding their voyage in Greece on March 29. Calls in vibrant, iconic cities will complement maiden calls in remote destinations, such as Dhiba. From Dhiba, guests will discover the ancient region of Al Ula, including Mada’in Saleh—the first site in Saudi Arabia to earn UNESCO recognition. Here, travelers will witness preserved tombs, historic dwellings, and breathtaking monuments—both natural and human-made—that hold 200,000 years of largely unexplored human history. As well as UNESCO World Heritage sites, travelers will enjoy immersive cultural experiences, from the shamanistic ceremonies of the Sangoma spiritual healers in Durban to the mesmerizing dance rituals of the San of the Kalahari Desert. Guests will witness the incredible variety of wildlife in South Africa, the Seychelles, and Madagascar, as well as the vast landscapes of the Namibian and Saharan deserts. Extended stays in Walvis Bay, Durban, Richards Bay, Antsiranana, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Dhiba, and Safaga will enable travelers to explore deeper.
• The Mediterranean grand voyage 2023
New ship Silver Moon will embark upon a grand voyage in the Mediterranean, departing Lisbon on October 6, 2023, and offering travelers the most extensive exploration of the region in the cruise line’s history. Guests will journey to 52 destinations over 65 days, experiencing 16 countries, from Portugal to Greece, with an in-depth focus on the Eastern Mediterranean, including the Holy Land and Egypt, with overnight calls in Alexandria, Nazareth, and—for the first time on a grand voyage—Jerusalem, among others. Guests will explore the stimulating cultures and ancient histories of Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, France, Monaco, Italy, Malta, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, and Cyprus. Thanks to Silversea’s new SALT program, which launched in June aboard Silver Moon, guests will take a deep dive into the region’s distinctive food and drink cultures, with insightful experiences aboard and ashore. Bespoke experiences, tailor-made by Silversea’s destination experts, will complete a holistic discovery of the Mediterranean. Many special events and onboard enrichments will enhance the offering further.
With private executive transfers included as standard on all voyages in the collection, Silversea has enhanced its all-inclusive offering, which is already among the most comprehensive at sea. In November 2020, the leading ultra-luxury cruise line introduced complimentary shore excursions, roundtrip air, and transfers between the airport and ship as standard on all voyages. The cruise line’s ships are among the most spacious at sea, featuring ocean-view suites, the personalized service of butlers, and sumptuous cuisine served in multiple restaurants. Enhancing the cruise experience are such all-inclusive amenities as pre- and post-cruise hotel night/s, depending on Silversea’s air program schedule; luggage handling; complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ships; in-suite bars, stocked with guests' preferences; a complimentary in-suite, 24-hour dining service; onboard gratuities; and unlimited, complimentary Wi-Fi. Until November 30, 2021, guests can reserve their suites aboard voyages in Silversea’s new 2023/2024 itinerary collection with a reduced deposit of just 15%.